I made 9/10ths of a skirt!
The pictures are kind of awful but I was taking them myself because of a variety of reasons.
I might get someone else to take better ones at some point.
It pretty much worked like I wanted it to, but the inside is messier than the bottom of the sea and my extremely unreliable sewing machine (it belonged to my grandma and is older than me) jammed just before I could do the bottom hem.
The fly zip worked, though, and is pretty much ok. This is only the first test so I haven’t made any alterations yet, but I tried it on and I have a few small things to do before it’ll be finished.