My current project in IB art is centered on social connections and isolation in spite of these connections. This involved me crocheting a lot of things and sewing them together.
I also have some prints of the things I crocheted, because I crocheting takes time. It’s not quite finished yet, but I’m going to form it in some way to make the meaning more apparent; possibly I’ll stiffen it around a doll to give a human shape.
I wanted to do a mermaid for Mermay but given the amount of things I have to do right now I probably won’t finish it before the end of this month.
It doesn’t help that this is what I choose to do during free periods.
I did a few resin pieces for the first time in a while! I had a few little silicone cups from Japan I got months ago and hadn’t used, so I did some little bears with the bear stickers I still had. I think they are quite cute.
So I joined a Pathfinder group! Yay
My character is a crossblooded sylph bloodrager and she has a lightning sword. I also technically have a bow, but lightning sword.
I had all of about 7 minutes to think of a name so I smushed K’Ehleyr and Kira from Star Trek TNG and DS9 respectively together and came up with K’Eyra. I like her a lot.
I have my HL English oral presentation coming up and I have decided to be creative and do an art exhibition, because narcissistic yammering about my own artwork comes easily to me. Our text is Neil Gaiman’s Sandman Vol 4. My theme is redemption and suffering, so I tried to draw Dream with a really exaggerated slap mark and it kind of worked.
I’ve recently been doing a photography project as an exhibition piece for HL IB Art, involving the theme of emotion. This section of my project focused on the suppression of emotion in society, and the expectation to project a cheerful image. The pictures haven’t been put through any editing yet so it’s still a work in progress, but I’m pretty happy so far.
Thank you to my friend Leif, who suffered as I made him do things.
I tried out stumpwork embroidery for the first time. It was pretty fun. The leaves didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted them, but I think it still looked pretty cool.
I hurt myself the other day and needed eight stitches.
This painting is actually a lot like my GCSE exam project, but better (I hope). I took a few artistic liberties with the number of stitches.